Sunday, June 3, 2012

I skipped my workout today...


And it was awesome.  No, I didn't nap, or catch up on work, or any of the things I would normally do when skipping a workout.  I went for a hike.  
An almost-2-hour hike, and it was GLORIOUS!  No pace, form, power, heart rate, cars on the road, intervals, you name it....
Just me, some pretty cool scenery, and getting lost in my sweat.  
Come race day will I wish I had put in those extra miles?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  I didn't slack off today, I worked hard.  
I do know that TODAY this was EXACTLY what I needed...to leave all the numbers behind...to check out for a couple hours and just get lost in the sweat. 

This post was originally posted on my GOTRIBAL blog at http://www.gotribalnow.com/blog/i-skipped-my-workout-today

No comments:

Post a Comment