Friday, March 16, 2012

Random Five Friday

Sorry, no pics this morning. This is a rush edition as I need to pack for my first race weekend of 2012!

1. I saw a butterfly the other day. On March 14th. Um, it's Minnesota...did I somehow sleep through a whole month? It IS March, right?

2. After seeing the butterfly I decided it was safe to start planting some stuff in the garden. Any of my flower seeds that said "early spring" or "3 weeks before the last frost" went in. Of course, my dogs promptly dug some of them up...dorks.

3. I have no idea what I am going to eat before my race tomorrow. I used to eat a bagel with cream cheese and a banana. Since I've been doing my long runs in the afternoon (to get the warm part of the day), I haven't practiced any pre-run breakfasts since discovering that I am sensitive to gluten.

4. Liam needs more t-shirts, shoes and WARM WEATHER clothes! I didn't think I'd have to worry about that until garage sale season started (late April, early May). We'll have to check out the little kids second-hand store today.

5. I posted my health issues in the form of a self-pity party on my GOTRIbal blog the other day. LOTS of women have reached out with support and ideas. I am feeling a newfound sense of direction and am going to start working with a couple different ladies remotely as well as continuing to pursue a medical diagnosis locally. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am for all the support, much of it from people I don't even know!

 

Have a wonderful St. Patrick's day! I'm off to the races!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment