Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Training Log Jan 22- Feb 4

So I've been MIA lately, and here's why...


I have become one of the lucky few to be audited by the IRS.  And while I, generally speaking, keep good records, the organization of those records for 2010 left a little to be desired.  You see, in 2010, I owned and ran a small business, had a baby, and refused to put him in day care.  There were obvious levels of organization depending on the time of year.  The first few months (pre-baby), everything was sorted and put in the appropriate folder.  The first few months of Liam's life, things were sorted but not filed.  After he started crawling, the last few months of 2010, the paperwork was all just put into a box without being sorted or filed.

What I'm getting to with all that is, organize your stuff when you first get it.  It is SO much easier than trying to locate and organize everything two years later!

Needless to say, this project has been taking up most of my time lately.  That, combined with not feeling so great on some of my workouts has led to a lack of workouts in the past couple weeks.  I actually walked in the door from a run one day and told my husband that I needed to back to the doctor.  (I'll talk more about that later.)

So here goes with the training log:
Sun: unplanned day off
Mon: 3 miles on treadmill, 30 minutes, followed by 10 minute spin on bike trainer for cooldown (2.7 miles)
Tues: 4 miles on treadmill, 39:21
Weds: 7 x 400 on the treadmill at 2 minutes each, total of 4 miles, 39:07
Thurs: Rest day
Fri: unplanned day off- "glutened" myself on purpose today to confirm that I am intolerant.  Felt like crap for the next few days.
Sat: unplanned day off
Sun: unplanned day off
Mon: 4 miles outside- was supposed to be 7 but got dizzy just a couple miles in, not resolved by the turnoff to home so I cut my mileage short, time was 46:??
Tues: Day off (worked on tax stuff a.l.l. d.a.y.)
Weds: 3 miles outside with stroller, 35:41
Thurs. & Fri:  last push to get all my stuff done for my audit appointment
Sat: spent pretty much the whole day either at the grocery store or in the kitchen.  Plans tonight with friends, church potluck tomorrow, and people coming tomorrow for Superbowl means a lot of creative gluten- and lactose-free dishes.

The supposed-to-be-a-7-miler on Monday was the day I came in the house and proclaimed that I needed to go back to the doctor.  I had hoped my dizziness while exercising would resolve after fixing my food intolerance issues, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I have continued to have dizziness throughout my food trial, even momentarily blacking out once while on the treadmill.  Usually, it would only happen during long workouts, starting between 40 and 60 minutes into the workout.  It's actually been getting worse, starting as early as 20 minutes into some workouts.  The time I blacked out, I wasn't even dizzy first.  I felt fine before and after, the world just went dark for a second.  Thank goodness feeling my foot move with the treadmill belt snapped me out of it and I managed to not fall off!

In much more fun news, I start a Masters Swimming class tonight!  My swimming is by FAR my worst sport in triathlon.  And there just aren't many resources close to me to help me improve.  Heck, I drive 30 minutes just to get to a pool at a nearby YMCA.  Unfortunately, the Y no longer offers masters swimming due to past lack of interest.  Luckily, there are some triathletes 30 minutes in another direction that have been able to organize a masters swim!  I am excited and VERY nervous.  I know I'm going to be the worst swimmer there, and I'm okay with that.  I just hope I don't end up slowing the rest of the group down too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment