Monday, February 20, 2012

Training Log Jan 12-19 & Virtual Triathlon/Duathlon Event

This training log is going to be a little off compared to the rest - it contains one extra day.  I'm changing over from using a Sun-Sat calendar to track my workouts to a Mon-Sun calendar.  Why?  My training plan is built on a Mon-Sun calendar and I am annoyed by not tracking the same way I'm planning.  To that end, I'm designing myself a bunch of planner pages that fit MY requirements for my to-do lists, food journaling, training planning and tracking, etc.  



So here's the one lone day that is lost in limbo: 
Sun Feb 12: 30 minute easy spin on bike trainer

And here's the first week in the new Mon-Sun format:
Mon: 30 minute easy spin on bike trainer
Tues: 5 mile treadmill run, 53:28; short lap swim + masters class for total of 1800 yds
Weds: 3x400 "hill" repeats on treadmill @ 10K pace, 3 miles total, 29:33
Thurs: 60 min bike trainer; 33 minute walk on treadmill after bike so I could finish watching my movie :)
Fri: 3 miles easy on treadmill, 30:00
Sat: 5 mile run at marathon pace, 49:18; 60 minute recovery spin
Sun: 10 mile run - middle 4 with my dad, 1:51:00

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 1800yds
Bike: 2.5 hours on trainer
Run: 26 miles



On to the virtual event:

Jason from Cook Train Eat Race is hosting a virtual triathlon/duathlon event to benefit Shape-Up America.  This is how Shape-Up America describes themselves on their website: 

"Founded in 1994, Shape Up America! is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization committed to raising awareness of obesity as a health issue and to providing responsible information on healthy weight management. Take a journey through our website to find information and ideas to achieve a healthy weight for you and your family. If you are a health professional, you will find resources to assist your clients and patients with their efforts to attain and maintain a healthy weight."

Jason is asking for a mere $10 donation to participate in this event.  Most of us are training anyway, and I don't know about you, but I can always use the extra accountability!  Plus, he has prizes from some great sponsors lined up!  It's not too late to jump into this event- you have a whole month to complete the distances. Find more info and register here

No comments:

Post a Comment