Friday, February 10, 2012

Random Five Friday & Running for Sherry

1.  It's been another warm February week here in Minnesota. (Relatively speaking, if you're from Florida you would have been wearing a parka.)  I didn't get to train the first few days of this week as I was busy preparing for the audit, but I enjoyed being able to go out and about without a coat on anyway.

Notice there is NO SNOW in this picture.  This is Minnesota, this is NOT NORMAL!

2.  I had my first masters swim class on Tuesday and it was AWESOME!  I am not the slowest person there as I feared.  There is a huge range of abilities and I fit comfortably in the middle.  This class only lasts for the four weeks of February and I am going to be sad when it is done.  I hope they are able to offer it again.

3.  My house is a disaster area after having company this past weekend and then focusing on paperwork through Wednesday.  I feel like I will never catch up, even though I know I will (eventually).

4.  I stopped doing my food journal at the end of January and I put the couple pounds I lost right back on.  I need to find an easier way to journal.  All the apps I've tried are time-consuming, but I never seem to have my paper journal handy when I need it.  Photos maybe?  This will be a work in progress.

5.  I need some new meat-, gluten-, lactose-free recipes.  I am feeling particularly uninspired this week.  I would love to hear your favorites!

Running for Sherry
Our bibs for the virtual run, printed and ready to go.
Sherry Arnold was the Montana mom/teacher/runner that was killed by two men while on her regular Saturday morning run just over a month ago.  Her cousin (SUAR) has set up a virtual run to honor Sherry's memory.  My family will be running.  I encourage you to join as well.  You can find the details of that virtual run here: http://www.shutupandrun.net/2012/01/virtual-run-for-sherry-arnold-february.html



No comments:

Post a Comment