Sunday, January 22, 2012

Training Log Jan 15-21


I can't believe January is almost over already.  It's gone so fast this year with the nice weather we've had.  Usually January and February seem to drag on forever!

I'm not working out as much as I'd like.  Since we finished our holiday travel, Liam has decided to reset his nap/sleep schedule and hasn't settled into any type of pattern yet.  Some days he naps, some he doesn't, sometimes only for 20 minutes.  Getting him to go to sleep at night has become a battle as well.  Some nights I put him back to bed a gazillion times.  But, as someone reminded me, this too shall pass.  As important as my workouts are to me, in the big picture, having a few light weeks while Liam figures out his sleep schedule isn't likely to hurt me much.

Sun: 8 mile run, outside, IN SHORTS! (4th time in January this year), first 4 miles with my dad. 1:28:53
Mon: Swim 750 yds (150wu, 500 continuous, 100cd)
Tues: Rest day
Weds: Unplanned rest day
Thurs: Ran 2.7miles total, did "Run Faster with Chrissie Wellington 1" on the treadmill, 25:00
Fri: Ran 2.5 miles on treadmill.  Had a split second blackout and almost fell off.  Decided I should probably end my workout for the day.
Sat: Shoveled snow for 20 min. and opted to work on fixing my bike during my workout time.  I now have a bike that shifts properly again!

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 750yds
Run: 13.2 miles

Food Journal:
This week I continued to experiment adding some foods back in.  I am happy to say that adding dairy back in went well, as cheese is one of my favorite indulgences.  It looks like I may be gluten intolerant based on my journal observations.  While this will be a pain in the rear whenever we go somewhere (out to eat, other people's houses), it is definitely something I can manage.  I'm already trying some alternative flours and if, when I try gluten again, gluten really is the culprit, I am determined to look on it as just another cooking adventure.
Here's the link to this week's journal:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=12H2GTBu3TRvECg-PxRMZwAfHDhlb9gn4CUg-jdavtG0

1 comment:

  1. love that you are really learning things from the food journal!!

    ReplyDelete