Sunday, January 8, 2012

Training Log & Food Journal Jan 1-7

The first week of 2012 has been a good one!  I'm back to running, the elimination diet is going well, and the weather is GORGEOUS!

Saturday January 7: 40 degrees!

I am very excited to be back running.  I'm slower than I would like, but after December, I'm happy with how I'm doing.  Especially that I was able to just jump in and run 7 miles my first week back! 

Sun-Tues:  Off- traveling and visiting for the LAST of our holiday obligations!
Weds: 3 miles, outside with stroller
Thurs: 3 miles, treadmill @ 9PM, 30:00 - I had hoped to get outside today, but Liam and his nap schedule (or lack of!) had other ideas
Fri: Tempo Run: 1 mile warmup, 2 miles @ 10:10 pace, 0.24 mile cooldown- cooldown should have been longer, but again, Liam waking up from his nap interfered.  This was supposed to be a day off but it was 46 degrees out, I had to get outside!
Sat: 7 miles, 1:17:50 (11:07 pace)  Slower than I would like, but in the right range according to the McMillan calculator

Weekly total: 16.24 miles  Considering I only ran 17.3 miles for the whole month of December, this is pretty awesome!

This coming week I'll be getting back in the pool in addition to my running.  Wish me luck, swimming is the hardest for me and with no real swim community anywhere close, I don't have many opportunities for help or support.  I'll plug away at it and try hard to improve my skills as best I can. 

FOOD JOURNAL:
This week was the start of my elimination diet.  It's going well, but can be frustrating when I'm craving something I can't have.  Actually, the food I've had has been delicious and except for one major guacamole craving, I haven't had much trouble with craving foods.  Really the only problem with guacamole was that I usually eat it with tortilla chips.  After much stewing and cupboard-digging, I came up with homemade Chile-Lime Potato Chips that hit the spot!

I've decided against posting my entire food journal within the blog.  Instead, I have created a Google doc for each week's journal and will provide the link weekly. 

You'll notice there are no quantities within my food journal.  This IS on purpose.  Everyone has different ideas about how much this, that, or the other thing you should be eating and omitting quantities will hopefully prevent some of the critique that I should be eating more or less of something. 

Here's the link for this week's food journal:



I'm looking forward to another beautiful week of getting outside with minimal bundling up.  We have one day this week predicted below 20 degrees, every other day is supposed to be in the 30s or 40s.  Such crazy weather, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment