Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Goals

I quit making resolutions a couple years ago.  Resolutions seem so absolute and usually fall by the wayside as soon as they've been broken once.  Goals however, can change and evolve, pick up and start again, and even though it's just a difference in terminology, are much easier for me to keep plugging away at.

Here's the list for 2012:

1. Figure out and deal with my gastrointestinal issues ASAP.  This is already in progress with the elimination diet I started today and my food journaling.
2. Make at least three comments on blogs per week.  I read a lot of blogs, but hardly ever comment.  I love it when other people comment on mine, so I figure I should comment on others.
3. Increase my compliance to my cleaning schedule from 1/3 of the days in 2011 to 2/3 in 2012.
4. Swim: Improve my swim times.  I am an extremely slow swimmer. My technique needs a lot of work.  I foresee a lot of time in the pool this year.   
5. Bike: Learn to change a tire and practice it.  Emphasis on the practice it.  I've seen it done and could probably figure it out, but it wouldn't be fast.  
6. Run: Complete a workout of Yasso 800's.  Just for fun.
7. Continue to challenge my shy nature by putting myself in new situations with new people.  In 2011 I went for my first vacation alone, applied for a couple triathlon teams, and started selling some of my homemade stuff at the local consignment shop.  For 2012 I am getting set up to lead a Couch-to-5K group, working on organizing a running club/group in town, and have a few more ideas that I'm not ready to disclose yet.
8. Eat more fruits and veggies.  Goal is to get at least 7 servings half the days of the year.
9. Continue to reduce clutter.  We'll be moving in the spring of 2013 to the farm my grandpa and dad grew up on.  I DO NOT want to move all this crap!
10. Double our savings.  There's a lot of work that will need to be done on the house we'll be moving to.  It would be nice to be able to save enough to get a large chunk of it done at once.
11. Grow a vegetable I haven't grown before.  Any suggestions?
12. Hit the end of 2012 leaner, faster, stronger and ready to train for an Ironman in 2013!

What are your goals for 2012?

1 comment:

  1. Great goals! Those should totally be doable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete