Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2011 HeadNorth Silver Strand Challenge

I got an entry to the half-marathon I was hoping to run through HeadNorth's fundraising team.  I can't say it this good, so here's the text from the email they want you to send out with the pertinent info. 

"I’ve just signed-up to participate in the upcoming HeadNorth Challenge Silver Strand 5K race on November 13th.  The HeadNorth Foundation is a local San Diego based foundation that provides services and grants to individuals and families impacted by a spinal cord injury (SCI).  HeadNorth is focused in providing financial assistance, resources and guidance therefore meeting transition needs of SCI survivors.

After learning that nearly 100-120 people become paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury in San Diego each year, I’m supporting HeadNorth so that they can continue provide grants to SCI survivors. No one expects that they will ever be confined to a wheelchair or lose the ability to do many things we take for granted.

Please support me in my fundraising efforts and helping to make a difference in the life of someone living with a spinal cord injury."


I promise I won't post, post, and re-post to get people to donate.  Just this once.  Please consider donating to HeadNorth.  Any amount, even just a couple bucks will help.  Thank you all for reading through this and for your consideration.  A special thank-you to anyone who decides to donate!

Here's the link to my fundraising page:


Erin's Donation Page

Be sure to check out my fundraising progress in the left sidebar.  

Again, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment