Monday, June 6, 2011

Training Log May 29-June 4/ May Monthly Totals

While I didn't get all my workouts in this week, I did workout on all days that I was scheduled to.  That's a huge improvement over the past several weeks where I was having trouble getting things fit into the daily routine.

I had both good and bad workouts this week. 
THE BAD:
Monday was supposed to be a 20-mile run.  I let Dave sleep in so I got started later than I wanted to as they were predicting a hot & humid day.  I planted Powerade every 2 miles, starting at mile 3.  The water stops for the marathon are at the same places.  My plan was to walk through the "water stops" at least until the half-marathon point.  My first few miles felt good.  I had to pull the pace back a little knowing that I tend to start out WAY too fast!  By the time I got to mile 6, my plan had changed to walking one minute every mile.  The heat and humidity were really getting to me.  I had forgotten to take my Gu at mile 5, so that probably didn't help.  I took my first Gu at 7 miles- 70 minutes into my run.  After my walk at mile 8, I just hit a wall.  I started running again briefly and then felt like I needed to walk.  (One of my rules is always walk before you absolutely have to walk.)  I decided to walk to the 8.5 mark and see how I felt.  At that point, I decided to turn around and head back toward home.  If I felt good enough after I got home at 17 miles, I could always run a short loop to make 20.  Boy was that being optimistic!  I only felt good enough to run 2 minutes/ walk 1 minute and managed to keep that up until 12.5 miles.  At that point I  was having trouble running at all so I ended up walking the last 4.5 miles home.  I was pretty useless the rest of the day.  I was tired!
THE GOOD:
Saturday's open swim with the multisport club was awesome!  I had no anxiety about the open water and I swam 1200m for the day.  We had 25 people at this weeks swim.  I wish we weren't going to be busy the next few weekends.  I really love having the opportunity to swim with a group, even if it is more than an hour away.
Open water swim with Greater Mankato Multisport Club



Here's the week:
Sun: Off
Mon: Run/walk 17 miles
Tues: Recovery swim- 800yds
Wed: Brick: Bike 50 min, 13.76 miles; Run 30 min, 3.25 miles
Thurs: Recovery swim- 900 yds
Fri: Off
Sat: 1200m open water swim (1312yds)

Weekly totals:
Swim: 3012 yds
Bike: 13.76 miles
Run: 20 miles

Monthly totals:
Swim: 3812 yds
Bike: 49.83 miles
Run: 62.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment