Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Gear!

Let me preface this by saying that I purchased all of this gear and was not given any of it by the respective companies (I'm not that fast nor that popular a blogger.  Maybe someday...).  Anyway, to get to the point,

I got new stuff today!

CW-X compression tights and tri shorts

An assortment of gels and blocks

CEP compression socks

Spinervals with IronGirl DVD
Newton Lady Isaac 'S'
I am most excited about the compression shorts/tights and the new shoes.  I took my new shoes out for a 1-mile test run tonight and so far I think I'm really going to like them.  It seemed to be easier to turn over faster, though that may be because they are quite a bit lighter than my current shoe.  Also, I ran that mile, with the stroller, at what I thought was a fairly easy pace.  It was an 8:58!  That's the third time in a week that I've run a mile under 9 minutes.  Not sure where this speed is coming from but I'm sure not going to complain.
Because they have a low heel-toe drop (5mm instead of the 12mm my other shoes are), Newton recommends getting used to them slowly.  I plan to use them for a mile during each of my runs this week, then maybe 1.5-2 miles during each run next week.  After that I'll have to see how I adapt to them. 
I have more new stuff coming next week (sunglasses and bike shoes).  This multisport habit of mine is getting to be expensive! (For the record, in case my husband ever reads this, I didn't pay full price for any of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment