Sunday, February 13, 2011

Training Log Feb 6-12 and Injury Update

Another rest week because of the knee.  I originally thought that I would be able to get back to it this week but that didn't work out.  Monday I was sick.  Tuesday I ran and had pain running until I started striking midfoot instead of heel-striking.  Then I was sick again the rest of the week and my knee hurt.  Soooo, that leads to yet another rest week. 
BUT...
I believe I have found the source of my tendinitis!  We went for a walk yesterday and I jogged just a little to test my knee out.  There was NO PAIN!  So I started thinking about it and figured out that my knee pain started about 6 weeks after I started running exclusively on the treadmill and 3 weeks after I went from all runs at 0% incline to all runs at 1% incline.  So I went outside for a mile today, again, no pain!  I think it may just be the treadmill.  It's supposed to be nice out all week so I'm looking forward to getting more runs in outside to really test out my theory.  

So anyway, here's the one day from this last week:
Tuesday:  Run 1 mile on treadmill, 9:40; Bike on trainer, 20:20, 7.06mi

No comments:

Post a Comment