Thursday, November 11, 2010

Swim Lesson Update

I had my first swim lesson today!  We found out that I suck.  The good new is, I can only get better! 
We just worked on kicking and breathing today.  She asked me at the very beginning if I had  problem putting my face underwater, I said no.  I was wrong.  It was a very strange feeling to exhale underwater.  I think it was the pressure against the exhale that bothered me.  I don't remember that being so bothersome.  I got the hang of it, on and off.  Same with kicking.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.  Assigned drills for the week include kicking only and kicking/breathing. 
Swimming is definitely going to be my biggest weakness for the triathlon.  I need to work even harder than I thought, but I think I'm up for the challenge!  I think I'll try to get to the pool again Saturday.  We'll see what Liam is up to and whether Mom & Dad can watch him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment