Thursday, October 14, 2010

Run + Stroller + Wind =

Success!

I was sure I was going to be writing about my running failure tonight as I ran out with the wind.  It was only a three-mile run but that first mile-and-a-half felt way too easy and the wind was still whipping by.  I turned around to return home with a sense of impending doom.  Surprisingly, the next half-mile wasn't so bad!  It was the half-mile after that that just about brought me to a standstill.  And when I say standstill, I'm only exaggerating a little bit.  I ran with both hands on the stroller (I normally only run with one), leaned into it and pushed as hard as I could, all the while trying to maintain a pace that could be considered running.  Thank goodness it was only half a mile!  I managed to run the entire three miles, pausing only briefly to put on my brightly colored windbreaker as the sun started to sink below the horizon.  Hooray for me!  That's three runs this week.  I'm on track to make my goal of four runs with days to spare.


I tried a new breakfast cookie recipe tonight (with a couple modifications).  I'll let you know how they taste tomorrow.  I'm done eating for the day.

I'm also done being awake for the day.  Off to bed for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment