Saturday, October 16, 2010

Biking In The Basement

I finally gave up and put my bike on the trainer.  There's no way I'm going to get outside with it more than a couple times yet this year.  It's just so BORING to ride my bike in the basement!  Maybe I need to repaint down there and hang up some motivational something.  I also think I need to tape (yes, tape, we don't have a DVR) some triathlons, bike races, adventure races, etc to watch while I'm down there. 

I am encouraged by my first ride.  It's been over a year since I was on the bike.  I read on one of the triathlon websites (can't remember which) that bike cadence during the race should be 90-95 rpm.  I thought I was never going to get anywhere near that.  Turns out that's about what I do on an easy ride.  So basically I just have to work on keeping that cadence in the harder rides, up hills, etc... 

I was going to do my long run today.   The weather looked beautiful but unfortunately it was really windy (25-35mph).  I didn't want to buck that with the stroller or subject Liam to it.  The wind is only supposed to be 5-10mph tomorrow so I held off.  I'm scheduled to run 5 but I'm aching to run 6.  We'll see what I feel like tomorrow.  Now I must tend to the dishes, diapers and getting a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment